Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Comparisons on special module implemented between KiCad and others layout tool


These days I am little bit pissing myself off to learn KiCad that loving it but hardly to me on linux side. In order to overcome my poor linux skill, i must use my linux laptop everyday. Not only basic also electronic engineering requirements. We are using a two circle rings as button function in KiCad, but there still have some problems. I'd like to fix it but i cant at this moment from ability. So only need spend more time on KiCad field. The followings are just posted on Qi wiki first.
  • Comparisons between RC1 and RC2
S50 key btn on RC1 board

avt2 RC1 S50 key
The following pictures are gerbers in different stacking layers
  • Problem 1
The rc2 mask and solder layer are not circle as same as rc1, if this is the KiCad's limit, then we need to think other way to solve this. Since the metal domn must not contact with copper well when user push buttons due to contact area is too small.
  • Problem 2
The copper layer (GND) is connected to S50's outside ring (short condition).
The above is the problems now I meet, hope they can be fixed later.

No comments:

Post a Comment