Wednesday, August 19, 2009

COB, Chip On Board


I've worked on COB knowledge in this two weeks. I temporarely wrote some things here and let it reminded me to describe more introduction in details later. But this process is more info about wire bonding. You can take a quick look on it. Also can check it here in Chinese. Basically I visited three alumin wire COB vendors and one gold wire bonding ability vendor in Taiwan. Here's the fingers for that die.
After pcb is back, like this.


Because there are two sides of smt mounting; so firstly mount this side but using foil to block to prevent pollution from smt process like solder balls print and reflow. Must keep the paste pad clean for cob bonding.

After bonding wires, here is the pictures I took. [1] You can quickly check, it's amazing of them!!!

[1] http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/qi_avt2/v1.0/pcb/cob/bonding_wire/

No comments:

Post a Comment